I don’t want to make this an essay but it might end up as an essay (a very badly structured essay— or rather reflective piece).
Normally, a Netflix movie would be on in the background and I’d be having a glass of wine whilst typing this. Actually, I planned to stay at a friends house, eating cheese and drinking many glasses of wine but we’re both sick due to the fucking temperamental weather.
It’s not going to be a great 2018 because obviously, I’m sick (Summer flu). This sickness that came about on the 28 Thursday December 2017 will roll over to the new year. I have a stuffy nose, my throat feels like fucking sandpaper… and HAHAHA, for a person who is employed to answer phone calls, I’ve lost my voice temporarily! I have to be back at work on Tuesday and I can’t afford to miss work!
I will be honest, I didn’t keep track of my year because apart from staying in a job for an entire year (that’s a milestone for my personal record). It was a blur. Also, this blog turned out to be something I didn’t intend it to be, and now it’s just my personal bitch about life online diary. ( Note to self: I have to update the intention of this blog).
So, the start of 2018 will consist of myself nursing my throat and it is not looking good!
What happened this year (2017) for me?
All I remember (below, not in event order):
- James Comey hearing
- James Comey trying to camouflage himself with the Blue White House curtains.
- Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull’s leaked telephone transcript with Donald Trump
- My bestfriend gave birth to an adorable daughter with fabulous hair.
- Sean Spicer Resignation
- Anthony Scaramucci getting fired.
- Updates and policies at work, changing every 2 weeks, now it’s every one week and a half.
The realisations and changes that happened to me (profoundly altered me personally)
- The job has made me dead inside
- I am more blunt
- I now hold a grudge with a passion, I am less tolerant and impatient. Fundamentally, I have never been confrontational and straight with my wrath and vengeance. My wrath and vengeance is silent… I do that behind the scenes.
- Me being interested in somebody for the first time since 2013
- Me being chicken and not being able to say a simple ‘hello’ to that certain guy (I need to work on that)
- I really want to (f!@#k) that guy
- I made some new friends
- I realised I need to see a shrink asap
That was pretty much it
However, I have a month and a half to improve the start of the year. Not to worry much ! Friday 16th February 2018 is my do-over New Year because it’s Lunar New Year, which I take a touch more seriously.
Any resolutions? LOL. Yeah. I need to make a vision board. That’s all.
I will take on 2018 humbly!